7.30.2012

Nutty Yogurt Topping

This particular recipe actually started as a vegan dessert crust, but when I tasted it I realized how many uses it could have if I tweaked it a bit!

Use it as a topping for yogurt, fruit, ice cream or even as the "crumble" on top of a pie or cobbler!  It packs a good amount of protein and it's very simple to make.  I'll be honest - more than once I've just eaten it with a spoon!  Hope you give it a try!

Nutty Yogurt Topping

1 cup walnuts
1/2 cup almonds
1/4 cup pecans
12 dates
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Blend ingredients in food processor to desired consistency.  I personally like to blend it pretty well, until it's close to flax seed or quinoa grain size.  The great part is, you can do it however you like!

* I have also added 1/2 teaspoon almond extract for variety, both in addition to or instead of the vanilla.  One of these days I'm going to try it with orange extract... maybe even tonight... mmmmm.

No comments:

Post a Comment