9.27.2009

Sarah's BLP

Yep - you read that correctly - BLP. Bacon, Lettuce and.. ... ... Pineapple! Stay with me now. :) I've taken the traditional BLT and revamped it to fit two criteria - more healthy (using turkey bacon) and minus the tomatoes (it was a bad year for tomatoes out here where I live). I think I could eat this every day... and considering how much bacon I have left over - I just might!

Be brave, kids - trust me on this one and enjoy!

Sarah's BLP - yield 1 sandwich

2 slices turkey bacon
1 pineapple ring slice
1 tsp light mayo
1 slice of your favorite cheese (I used cheddar)
2 slices low-calorie bread
2 leaves of crisp iceberg lettuce

Cook the turkey bacon in grill pan until crispy. Add the pineapple into the pan and cook 2 minutes on each side until golden brown. Toast the bread in the toaster - and don't skip this step! The pineapple juice will make the bread soggy if you don't. Assemble your sandwich: Spread the mayo on one slice, layer on the slice of pineapple, then the bacon slices, then the cheese slice and lettuce. Top it with the last slice of bread and cut it in half if you like. Enjoy while it's still warm!


1 comment:

  1. Sarah - sounds like a pregnancy craving to me... maybe tasting is believing!

    ReplyDelete