5.15.2011

Bananas Foster Oatmeal

Okay, okay. I know I talk oatmeal a lot. But the more I eat it, the more I like finding new ways to make it delicious! It's really good for you, so I encourage you to play with it and enjoy. :) My mom would tell you to add a Tbsp of peanut butter to this - PB and oatmeal is kinda her thing. It's tasty, but if you're watching your calories, you may want to try something a little less heavy.

Bananas Foster Oatmeal - single serving

1/4 cup instant oats (you can use old-fashioned if you want to wait that long!)
1/2 cup water
1 Tbsp. Smart Balanace spread
2 tsp. brown sugar (don't go overboard here!)
1 medium banana **

Combine water & oatmeal and microwave on high for 90 seconds. Add butter and sugar until melted and combined. Mash up the banana with a fork, and mix it in as well. Enjoy!

**I like to use bananas that are over-ripe - think banana bread quality. But that's up to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment