4.25.2012

Freezer Quiche

This week is freezer clean-out meal week in our house.  Our chest freezer has a knack for hiding things at the bottom, and I try not to let anything go to waste if I can help it!  This week I'm trying to use up some of the things I have in the freezer, and this is what I've come up with.  Enjoy!

Freezer Quiche

Crust:
1.5 cups baking mix
1/4 cup butter
2 T. boiling water

In small bowl, mix baking mix & butter until well blended. (I pulsed it in my food processor.) Add boiling water and stir vigorously until dough forms.  Press dough evenly into 9-inch pie plate.

Filling:

6 slices cooked bacon, crumbled
5 oz frozen broccoli florets (1/2 a bag), chopped
1/2 cup spreadable cheese with garlic & herbs (I used Alouette)
4 eggs
3/4 cup milk
pinch cayenne

Sprinkle bacon and broccoli evenly in the bottom of the crust.  Whisk together eggs, milk, cheese and cayenne.  Pour over bacon mixture.  Bake at 400 degrees for 40 minutes.  

*You could also use spinach or asparagus too!
** You can totally use store bought crust too, but this one was pretty good! 






1 comment:

  1. making it. that actually sounds good to me right now... ;o)

    ReplyDelete