9.03.2012

Buffalo Chicken Orzo

When I worked in Zelie, there was a restaurant where we occasionally went that had a really wonderful buffalo chicken pasta.  I have tried to re-create it a few times, and this was by far my best attempt.  I know, I know... it's another buffalo chicken recipe.  But it's so yummy, and it's fun to experiment.  I'm working on a buffalo chicken grilled cheese experiment too - stay tuned!

Buffalo Chicken Orzo

8 oz whole wheat orzo
1 1/2 cup shredded chicken
3/4 cup reduced fat shredded Mexican blend cheese
1/2 cup whipped cream cheese
1/8 cup Frank's Red Hot sauce
splash of milk

Cook orzo fully, almost to the point of overcooking.  This pasta tends to absorb a lot of liquid, and you don't want to end up with a dry end result!  While the pasta is cooking, combine the chicken and hot sauce, let it sit to meld the flavors until the pasta is done.  When the pasta is finished cooking, combine all ingredients and serve!  Makes 4 servings, but if you like it a lot or if you're feeding teenage boys, it might only be 2 servings. ;)

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment