10.27.2009

Sweet and Spicy Meatballs

I got the inspiration for this recipe from Sarah W, who first tipped me off to the chili sauce/jelly combination. Since then I've experimented with different meatball concoctions and sauce spices. It's one of my husband's favorites, and so easy to make! Thanks, Sarah!

Sweet and Spicy Meatballs - yield 20 meatballs

Meatballs:
1.25 lb ground beef or turkey

1/2 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1/8 tsp salt

1/8 tsp pepper

1/2 tsp minced onions (dried)

pinch granulated garlic

Sauce:
1 bottle Heinz chili sauce

1/2 cup grape jelly

1 tsp Worcestershire sauce

1 tsp chili powder

1/2 tsp cumin

1/2 tsp garlic

1/2 tsp minced onions (dried)

2 T. taco sauce


Combine meatball ingredients and shape into 1-1.5 inch balls. Bake at 400 degrees for 15 minutes. While meatballs are cooking, combine ingredients of the sauce with a whisk until smooth. Pour over meatballs after 15 minutes and bake for an additional 10 minutes, until sauce is heated through and bubbly. Alternative: you can also cook the sauce and meatballs together in a crockpot! Either way, serve over rice or noodles and enjoy!


1 comment:

  1. MMM! I have had this as an appetizer many times. Only when I've made it I used 1 bottle chili sauce and 1 small jar grape jelly. It sounds good with all the extra ingredients! I'll have to try it!

    ReplyDelete