2.07.2012

Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower

I've found a new veggie recipe that I love! :) As much as I love to smother broccoli in a nice cheesy casserole, this was a really simple and healthy way to get our yummy green vitamins. I'll warn, though - I eyeballed and guessed on pretty much all the measurements, so if that's not your style of cooking, this may not work for you. Give it a shot, though!

Roasted Broccoli & Cauliflower

3 Tbsp. olive oil
1 lb broccoli & cauliflower florets
1 clove garlic, minced
1/4 tsp. onion powder
2 Tbsp. water
1 Tbsp. bread crumbs
2 Tbsp. parmesan cheese (I used reduced fat)
pinch of salt

You don't have to do this part, but I highly recommend it: a couple hours before you plan to bake this, mix the garlic, onion and olive oil together and let it sit until you're ready to finish the dish. It will infuse the oil and make it extra yummy!

Mix the olive oil, garlic, and onion powder together. Cut the broccoli/cauliflower into bite-sized pieces, roughly the same size. Drizzle the olive oil mixture over the broccoli and toss to coat. Pour the water into the bottom of a baking dish, pour the broccoli on top. Sprinkle the bread crumbs over the broccoli, and salt to taste. Bake covered at 400 for 15 minutes. (If you're like me and like your broccoli on the more tender side, you might even bake it for 20 minutes.) When it is finished baking, sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Enjoy!

Here's what our dinner plates looked like tonight:


1 comment:

  1. yay! you had time to post a recipe! I think I'll try this for my broccoli-loving hubby and me.

    ReplyDelete