5.14.2012

Mediterranean Chicken

In case you haven't noticed, I've been tailoring some of my recipes based on ingredients I get from my couponing excursions.  Knorr recipe mixes are one of the things I've been getting pretty cheap, so although I don't normally cook with them, it's been worth my while to experiment with them.  Here's a chicken recipe that I threw together for dinner. It was moist and flavorful, and a cinch to throw in the oven!

Mediterranean Baked Chicken

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts**
1 pkg, Knorr Vegetable recipe mix
1/2 cup dry red wine
2 cups water

In 2-quart baking dish, arrange chicken breasts in one layer.  Mix together wine, recipe mix, and water.  Pour over the chicken breasts and bake covered at 350 degrees for 30 minutes, and uncovered for another 30 minutes.

**Of course you could use fresh chicken and I encourage it!  But you'll have to adjust the cooking time, so please take that into account when baking!

No comments:

Post a Comment