5.23.2012

Whole Wheat Pasta with Spinach Sauce

Whole wheat pasta is a tough sell in our house.  Hubby doesn't like it much, and although I don't mind it, it's definitely not my preferred pasta.  However, in my couponing a few weeks ago, I got some organic whole wheat pasta for just a few pennies.  My mother and her mother before her would be oh-so-disappointed if I didn't find a way to use something that was such a good value of both money and nutrition so... here goes. :)

Whole Wheat Pasta with Spinach Sauce

1 lb. whole wheat pasta (I used elbows, use whatever shape you like)
6 oz. fresh spinach
8 oz. fresh goat cheese
8 oz. reduced fat cream cheese
1/3 cup milk
2 cloves minced garlic
2 Tbsp. bread crumbs
1/4 cup parmesan cheese

Boil pasta according to package directions.  While the pasta is cooking, combine spinach, goat cheese, cream cheese, milk and garlic in food processor.  When pasta is drained, use the original pasta pot (now empty) to combine the pasta and spinach sauce.  Pour into casserole dish and top with cheese and bread crumbs.  Bake at 350 until hot and bubbly.

No comments:

Post a Comment