3.21.2012

2 Meals in One!

Tonight's dinner was approved by both my husband (who likes food) and my cranky, teething toddler (who does not).  It was unseasonably warm again today in western PA, and I really did not want to add heat to the house by cooking.  I did cook a tiny bit, but I did it this morning before it got hot, and just reheated everything this evening. 

However, to tell you about tonight's dinner, I have to start with yesterday's.  A simple yet delicious slow cooker taco chicken.  It goes like this:

Slow Cooker Taco Chicken

4 frozen boneless, skinless chicken breasts
1 pkg. taco seasoning (I used low sodium)
1/2 cup salsa (I used corn & black bean salsa)
1 can healthy request cream of chicken soup

Place the frozen chicken in the bottom of the slow cooker.  Sprinkle taco seasoning over the top.  Mix together salsa & cream of chicken, and pour that on top.  Cook on high for 4 hours.  Shred the chicken, mix it back in with the cooking juices, and serve in tortillas with your fave taco toppings/sides! 

That was Dinner #1.

This morning, before it got too hot outside I boiled some ditalini pasta.  Here's Dinner #2:

Taco Chicken Ditalini

1 cup of leftover taco chicken w/ sauce
1 cup of ditalini
1/3 cup shredded cheddar cheese
2 Tbsp milk

Seriously - that's all you need.  Boil the ditalini according to package directions to al dente.  After draining the pasta, mix the rest of the ingredients in, and warm the whole thing through.  Honestly, I think next time I would add some black beans or corn, or maybe both.  But either way, in my husband's words, "I could eat that... a LOT."

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment